What is Tapestry?
A secure, online learning journal, used to record observations of children’s learning and development. School staff or parents can add to the journal.
• Used to record children’s progress and activities using the stages in ‘Development Matters’ and the Early Learning Goals.
• Parents can access their child’s journal with their own password. Only
password holders can access the features.
• Parents can only see their own child’s learning journal.
Why are we going to start using Tapestry from September 2021?
It creates a two way communication between us (the EYFS team), and
you (the parents/carers).
• We can upload photos and videos so you can see what your child is
learning at school.
• Great opportunities to extend your child’s learning at home.
• Unlike a physical, hard copy book, it is easy to share with groups of
relatives (like extended family or family living overseas).
How does it work?
Photos, videos and observations are uploaded to Tapestry.
• It is accessed via the Android/iOS app or the Tapestry website.
• It enables you to comment on observations or add your own, so you can
show us what your child is doing outside the school day – weekend
trips, exciting learning opportunities, trip to the shops, weekend with the
class teddy etc…
• E-mail notification is sent to inform us of new observations and
comments. There is even a like button too!
Once we have added you to Tapestry (before Christmas)
you will receive an e-mail link. This might go to your junk box!
• Follow the link to set your own password.
• The e-mail link will expire so please follow the link as
soon as you can