Key stage 1 and 2
Compulsory national curriculum subjects at primary school are:
- design and technology
- art and design
- physical education (PE), including swimming
- ancient and modern foreign languages (at key stage 2)
- personal, social and health education (PSHE)
Schools must provide religious education (RE) but parents can ask for their children to be taken out of the whole lesson or part of it.
Early Years Foundation Stage – Areas of learning
Your child will mostly be taught through games and play.
The areas of learning are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design